How do you get new writing ideas? It’s been around for a while now, I think, but I’ve only just discovered Wordle , a neat online toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. It strikes me that it could be used as a great teaching resource or as a kind of digital version of William S. Burroughs’ cut-up technique to generate a fresh way of looking at tired texts.
Here’s what I came up with from the lyrics to The Beatles’ Yesterday:
- Wordle (storiesinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- Wordle! (cmock127.blogspot.com)
- Can’t describe yourself? Try a Wordle cloud [Nick Braak] (ecademy.com)
- What Makes a Teacher Great? Ask an Expert (rsu2teachertech.wordpress.com)
- Wordle for Creative Communications (Sarah Gibbs’ wordpress blog)