A Facebook friend posted this image today – a snapshot of a school notice board containing baseball star Leroy Robert ‘Satchel’ Paige’s six point plan on how to stay young.
I’ve never played baseball in my life (rounders hardly counts!) but having survived more than half a century on the planet I thought I should be able to come up with my own list.
My own six rules for not getting old (at least mentally) are as follows:
- If it has a face, don’t eat it.
- Work to please yourself, but be a strict boss.
- Don’t let your vices become habits.
- Find a niche to hang your thoughts on.
- Don’t bear grudges – they’ll only weigh you down.
- Take things slowly but be prepared to walk fast.